Friday 20 July 2012

The year ahead : Part two



This week I took the step of finishing my complete set of Ironmans in Australia. Having competed in IMWA, IMOZ, IMCAIRNS previously, IM Melbourne was the only race I had yet to race. The 24th March 2013 is now locked in for me to compete in IM Melbourne.

Having finalised my race entry through Tri Travel for IM Melbourne on the Sunday, the bank account was about to take another hit a couple of days later as IM Cairns was due to open on the Tuesday. Having had such an amazing time in 2012 at Cairns and having the beauty of racing in front of family, I could not pass up the chance to race up there again. So in the space of two days, I had locked in my two main races for 2013.

So for now, my focus will be on getting as fast and lean as possible for Noosa OD tri in Nov and having a crack at breaking 2hrs. This will then leave me 16 weeks to prepare for IM Melbourne and chasing the dream. I then have another 12 weeks to recover and reprep for IM Cairns on 9th June 2013.

Lets get it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment