Friday 6 July 2012

The Season Ahead

After taking some time off following Ironman Cairns, and just pottering around with a bit of training, I thought it was about time to start putting some races down on paper for the upcoming months.

This season, I want to put alot of effort into improving my run so I am planning to compete in a number of "run" races to try and pick up my speed and motivate me more in training.

The races I have penciled in are
15 July - Jetty 2 Jetty 10km
5 August - Brisbane Half Marathon
19 August - North Lakes Fun Run
2 September - Bridge to Brisbane
23 September - Moreton Bay Triathlon
21 October - Moreton Bay Grand Prix
4 November - Noosa Triathlon

During the couple of weeks off, I ate alot of junk food and had a few more beer than usual. The greatest night of all was on Wednesday night at Suncorp Stadium watching the mighty maroons make it 7 in a row. The biggest highlight of the night was being there to say farewell to Big Pet in his last game for Qld.




No comments:

Post a Comment