Tuesday 4 September 2012

The season is nigh

With a little over two weeks until my first race of the season, my training has been a little patchy although I still have been ticking most of the boxes.

I have competed in two races since my last post. On the 5th Aug, I lined up for my first ever stand alone Half Marthon in the Brisbane Running Festival. I had some good running under my legs leading in so I was hoping for a good hitout. I eased into the race and felt strong for the majority of the race. I crossed the line in a time of 1hr 21min and 10th overall. I was aiming for sub 4min/km's so was stoked to go 3:51 avg pace.

On 2nd Sep, I lined up for one of my favourite fun runs on the calender. The Bridge to Brisbane 10km. The alarm went off at 2:50am so to get into the race start nice and early ahead of the 40,000 other runners. I picked up my mate and QAS Triathlete Matt Brown on the way and we cursed at the early start. Matt was hopeful of having a crack at the win which would have been awesome.

I had an ok race and wasn't feeling 100% although I crossed the line in a time of 35min 22sec for a 13sec PB and 30th overall. Matt finished 8th overall in a time of 32min 30sec and was on pace with the lead pack until the 7km mark where he said they got away from him.

In two weeks I will line up for the Qld Olympic Distance Champs at Clontarf. This will be my first race of the season and I feel I am going in a little underdone although it is still early in the season. I will be better for the hitout under my belt and hoping for a good race.

Til next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment