Sunday 14 October 2012

Noosa - 3 weeks out

Well, as the title suggests, Noosa Tri is only 3 weeks away and Hervey Bay 100 is only 6 weeks away.

I have been able to string some very solid weeks together over the past three weeks. At times, I was going to some sessions very tired, however, once the session got going, it was easier to finish than to pull the pin.

I have just finished a great week of training that ended in a Sprint race at the Bribie Tri race 1. The week leading in, I had swum 16km, Biked approx 300km and run about 65km. The Saturday before the race I decided to head down to the Gold Coast Hinterland for a 4-5 hr hitout through the hills. While down there, I bumped into the boys from Aeromax tri squad which is made up of a few pros and a handful of very handy age groupers. It was great to have a hitout with these boys who took me for a tour through the Hinterland, into NSW and back to Southport. Defnately keen for a few more sessions if they will have me along. We ended up clocking 130km that included 3 x 15min TT efforts followed by a 8km solid run off the bike that I was loving along the Gold Coast waterfront.

I went into the race on Sunday with a little bit of sting taken out of the legs but was keen for a bashing. I had a solid race finishing 3rd overall and pocketing a little bit of cash for my troubles. I was most happy with a solid run, coming off the bike in 5th place and running into 3rd. It was a good day all round topped off with another solid 12km run that afternoon.

So from here, it is another two weeks of solid speed sessions leading into Noosa prior to a taper and have a good crack at Noosa.

1 comment:

  1. How good does it feel when you put together some solid weeks of training? Nice work mate, keen to see how you go at Noosa.

    ReplyDelete