Saturday 12 May 2012

1 Week on from Ironman OZ

It has been a week since completing Ironman Austrlalia on 6th May 2012. I woke up on Monday morning with daggers in my legs. Tuesday consisted of an 8 hour drive from Port Macquarie back to Brisbane.


The following days consisted of some light training as I just wanted to get the soreness out of my muscles.
Wednesday - Light 4km swim
Thursday - 40km ride to spin the legs out
Fri - Swim 4km speed session followed by 30km bike light spin
Sat - Cruisy group ride - 80km
Sun - First run since Ironman - 30min trot to make sure my legs and feet were ok.

I only had a light niggle in my right foot hence I did no running until Sunday. That run felt amazing as I was rested and felt nice and light. I had absolutely no pain in my feet or legs.

With 3 weeks until Ironman Cairns, I am filled with confidence now that I have had a week of recovery and am feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment